Pulse oximetry is a method of determining the degree of oxygen saturation of arterial blood. Its level is controlled by a pulse oximeter. After receiving the results, it is possible to identify diseases in time and immediately prescribe oxygen therapy.
There are several types of pulse oximeter for sale:
Stationary monitor. The pulse oximeter used in hospitals provides highly accurate measurements that are recorded in various graphs, for example, photoplethysmogram. Such devices are connected to a PC;
The wrist or finger pulse oximeter is used in the home and is portable in size and rugged. Such device can always be at hand – for a walk or travel.
Reviews of the finger pulse oximeter indicate that it is the most optimal for use in everyday conditions. It is accurate and easy to use. A portable pulse oximeter can be significantly less expensive than some stationary devices. To prevent the finger pulse oximeter from causing discomfort, it should not press the finger too hard.
– Pulmonology – to identify pathologies of the respiratory tract, lungs and pleura;
– Pediatrics – for diagnosing the onset of pneumonia in children with ARVI and predicting an asthmatic attack;
– Sports medicine – to improve the efficiency of training without harm to health.
– Heart failure;
– Chronic lung disease;
– Control of therapy for respiratory arrest during sleep by saturation during the night;
– Monitoring the situation in case of oxygen deficiency;
– Control of the body’s response to physical activity in terms of saturation.